Start with an Oregon Hard Money Lender You Can Count On
When it comes to home renovations, bathrooms are often overlooked in favor of kitchens. However, a well-executed bathroom upgrade can significantly enhance the appeal of a house flip or rental property and add considerable value to your investment property.
To ensure a successful project, it’s crucial to avoid common bathroom renovation mistakes that inexperienced investors may make. These valuable tips will help you navigate the remodel process to achieve a bathroom that will become a selling feature and significantly boost your ROI.
7 Bathroom Upgrade Do’s & Don’ts
- Planning: Before embarking on a bathroom remodel, define the scope of your project. Determine whether you’re undertaking a minor cosmetic upgrade or a major renovation. A clear plan will guide your decisions and help you stay focused.
- Budgeting: One of the most critical aspects of any home renovation is budgeting. Establish a realistic budget and stick to it. Consider all expenses, including materials, labor, and unforeseen costs. A well-defined budget helps to ensure informed choices and prevent overspending.
- Quality: It may be tempting to cut costs with DIY or cheaper materials. But skimping on quality now can lead to problems in the future. Invest in professional labor and high-quality products that will withstand wear and tear. Though the initial cost will be greater, it will pay off in the long run with durability and a polished look.
- Storage: Effective storage is a crucial aspect of a functional bathroom. Consider built-in cabinets, shelves, or other storage solutions to keep toiletries, towels, and other supplies neatly organized. Well-thought-out storage adds both convenience and aesthetic appeal to your bathroom.
- Lights: A well-lit bathroom is essential for creating a pleasant environment and facilitating self-care routines. Ensure your bathroom has ample lighting, especially around the mirror for grooming, makeup application, and haircare. Consider installing dimmer switches to provide flexibility in lighting options.
- Trends: Avoid the latest interior décor trends; they may not have staying power. Opt for classic upgrades with universal appeal, particularly high-ticket items like countertops, cabinets, and fixtures. Add a pop of design interest with easily changeable elements like paint color or cabinet hardware.
- Outlets: Ensure your bathroom has sufficient electrical outlets to accommodate hairstyling tools, electric toothbrushes, digital devices, and other appliances. Adhering to electrical codes is crucial for safety and functionality.
A bathroom renovation can be rewarding when approached with careful planning and attention to detail. By avoiding common mistakes and following these tips, you can create a stylish, functional, and timeless bathroom that adds significant value to your real estate investment.
Ready to Renovate? Use a Flexible Oregon Hard Money Loan
Equity-based hard money loans are a great financing option for real estate investors. With flexible terms and a streamlined approval process, they’re an ideal funding source for investment property purchases and upgrade projects. When you’re ready to plan your bathroom renovation or other improvements to boost your ROI, talk to our private money loan team. Gregory M. Russell provides loans to Oregon investors up to $400,000 based on available collateral. And because our lending process is simplified, you can have the cash you need in ten days or less. Questions about financing or the hard money loan process? Call 1-888-477-0444. We’re here to help. Or go to our online loan request form to let us know your needs. It’s quick and easy!