Prep Your Property with an Oregon Private Loan
If you’re planning to sell your home or investment property, one of the most crucial decisions you’ll make as a seller is determining the listing price.
Setting the correct price can significantly impact the success of your sale. It affects buyer interest, time on the market, and potential return on your investment. Price your property too high, and it may sit on the market, creating apprehension among buyers. Price it too low, and you lose potential ROI.
Follow our expert pricing tips for a timely and successful real estate sale.
How to Price Your Property to Sell Well
- Understand the market: Before pricing your property, it’s essential to have a clear understanding of current real estate market conditions. Educate yourself about industry and homebuyer trends. Knowledge of the market will allow you to make informed decisions and set a competitive price.
- Prepare your property: A well-prepared property can command a higher asking price and attract more buyers. Make needed repairs and upgrades to boost buyer appeal. Use staging tips to showcase your property’s best features and create an inviting atmosphere. The presentation of your property can impact its perceived value!
- Know your local listings: Study the local real estate market to gain insight into your competition. Analyze recent comparable sales (comps) to see how properties like yours are priced and how long they stay on the market. Examine their listing points and identify what features your property has that make it unique to help you determine the asking price.
- Work with a real estate agent: Enlisting the help of a professional real estate agent is invaluable when selling a property. An experienced agent offers market expertise, industry connections, and negotiation skills. They will conduct a comparative market analysis (CMA) to determine a suitable price range for your property. Rely on their guidance to make well-informed pricing decisions and to successfully navigate the selling process.
- Have a pricing strategy: Your pricing should be tailored to prevailing market conditions. In a seller’s market, consider pricing slightly below fair market value to spark bidding wars. In a buyer’s market, competitive pricing can generate interest. In a balanced market, you have more flexibility in setting the price.
- Stay objective: It may be difficult to keep emotions about your property out of the selling process, especially if it holds sentimental value. However, it’s essential to approach the sale with a business mindset. The more you can detach yourself and objectively assess the value of your property, the more successful you will be in achieving your selling goals.
Selling a property may seem challenging, but with the right pricing and marketing strategy, you can attract interested buyers and maximize your return on investment.
Use a Oregon Hard Money Loan to Improve Your Real Estate
Get your investment property in top shape with an easy qualify hard money loan. The private lending team of Gregory M. Russell works with Oregon investors to make buying and selling real estate both accessible and low-stress. We have been a trusted financing source in the Northwest for three decades. We understand the market and the needs of our client partners. Our hard money loan approval process is fast, with loans up to $400,000 based on your available equity. Call us at 1-888-477-0444 to learn more or complete our online loan request form. We look forward to working with you!