An Oregon Hard Money Loan Can Provide Fast Cash for Upgrades
There are many moving parts to any home renovation job, and the contractor you hire can make or break your project.
If you’ve decided to invest in property upgrades, what can you do to ensure you hire the best contractor for the job?
It starts with research. Ask your real estate network and people you trust who they’ve used successfully. Once you’ve gathered a short list of 2-3 potential contractors, meet and interview them in person.
7 Essential Contractor Interview Questions
Here are seven essential questions to ask when hiring a professional contractor to make sure they’re the right fit for your home improvement project:
- Are you licensed, bonded, insured? When a professional contractor is up to date with a state-required license, insurance, and surety bond, it protects you both if accidents or injuries occur.
- How long have you been in business? An experienced, well-established general contractor has the expertise and resources to keep your home renovation project on track.
- How long have you worked in the area? A contractor with a good local network and industry connections can save you time and money – valuable assets to any upgrade project.
- Who will do the work? The general contractor you interview may not be the person doing the work on your project. It’s helpful to know who will be spending time in your home each day.
- What is your availability & turnaround? You both must be clear about anticipated project timeframes and deadlines. Contractors book far in advance, and delays are common.
- Will you obtain permits? Confirm any contractor you consider hiring is familiar with code compliance and will pull all required permits to avoid penalties or other issues.
- What is the itemized cost? Request a detailed breakdown of project costs. An itemized estimate will let you see where to make changes or lower expenditures to stay within budget.
Get everything in writing. Request references. And use your interview to get a sense of how well you and your potential contractor communicate.
These seven key questions will help you hire the right contractor for your project!
Oregon Private Money Loans Provide Easy Financing for Home Upgrades
Make our private lenders part of your real estate home renovation team. Our hard money loan services help Oregon real estate investors upgrade investment properties and add value to their portfolios. Unlike traditional lenders, we loan based on available equity – not your credit score or employment history. So our loans are an excellent choice for real estate investors looking for fast, flexible financing. Fill out our quick and easy online loan request form or call 1-888-477-0444 with questions. Gregory M. Russell is here to help.