Talk to an Oregon hard money lender about an easy equity loan
House flipping can be a tremendously profitable venture. If, that is, you have a savvy eye for real estate deals and are organized to a “T.”
Timing is everything. In a hot housing market like Oregon State, successful house flippers not only know to stay on top of listings for investment opportunities, but have a solid handle on construction management.
If you’re new to the market and taking on your first house flip, it can be hard to know where to begin once the right property comes along. The following house flip construction checklist will help keep you on track. Are you a long–time flipper? Use the list as a quick guide.
House Flip Construction To–Do List
1. Before Closing: Research all restrictions and permits, and apply accordingly. Check reports and surveys. Plan your demolition. Schedule vendors and suppliers.
2. Right After Closing: Get insurance coverage. Secure your site from intruders. Make sure foundation is safe and structure is free of bugs, mold, asbestos, dry rot. Remove trees that threaten damage. Begin demolition.
3. Exterior Structural: Schedule repair of foundation, sidewalks, driveways, floors. Frame out any structural parts damaged by mold, decay or termites. Replace the roof where needed. Replace/add insulation. Update windows and doors, then siding and trim. Make sewer improvements. Plant new landscaping.
4. Interior Structural: Install HVAC ducting, plumbing, electrical, followed by the HVAC system. Install insulation and vapor barriers, then close up walls with drywall.
5. Final Touches: Install ceiling trim and door/window casing. Paint interior walls and surfaces. Install cabinets and countertops. Lay flooring, do tilework, and install baseboards. Lastly, install fixtures and appliances.
Finance Your House Flip Construction with an Oregon Hard Money Loan
House flippers often need to make snap decisions when it comes to property upgrades – and finances may not always be readily at hand. A hard money equity loan can provide fast cash when conventional funds aren’t available. At Gregory M. Russell we understand the demands of house flipping. We work with investors throughout Oregon to make sure they have the money they need when they need it. Give us a call. 1-888-477-0444.