Need Quick Cash for Upgrades? Talk to Our Oregon Hard Money Lenders
Summers in the Pacific Northwest are special. Bright blue skies and beautiful sunny days make the rainy season a faint memory.
Summertime temperatures are typically comfortable depending on locale; air conditioning is not a year-round necessity. How do homeowners keep things cool when temperatures spike?
If you’re flipping a house or upgrading a rental property and an HVAC system isn’t in your budget, the design choices you make can contribute to the home’s comfort level throughout the year – and increase your ROI.
Check out these “keep cool” home design tips. Cost-effective home cooling upgrades are great selling features when renting or flipping a home during the summer season!
6 “Keep Cool” Home Design Tips
- Roofing: A light colored roof will reflect light and heat up to 60 degrees more than traditional dark roofing materials. Paint an existing dark roof in a lighter shade to keep things cool.
- Insulation: Quality, insulated doors and double or triple paned windows effectively keep the heat out. Weather stripping, storm doors and interior or exterior shutters will further insulate.
- Landscaping: Shade trees and shrubs help cool a home and property – and are a boost to the environment. They also provide protection during winter months and add to curb appeal.
- Windows: Rooms stay cooler when shaded from direct sun, especially on the south or west facing side of a home. Retractable window awnings and insulated cellular shades on sliding doors and skylights will keep interior temps pleasant.
- Flooring: Hardwood, tile or laminate floors are cool and comfortable underfoot in warm weather. When carpeting a space, avoid synthetic blends. Opt for natural, breathable materials like cotton, wool or woven sisal.
- Ceiling fans: A breeze makes a room feel less hot. Get air flowing with a ceiling fan. (Bonus: A flip of the switch will redirect hot air down into the room during cooler winter months.)
Get an Oregon Hard Money Loan for Investment Property Improvements
If you’re looking for financing for a real estate investment project and need cash fast, our Gregory M. Russell hard money loan team may have the answer. Concerned about timing? Paperwork? Approval? Unlike traditional lenders, our loan process is simple and streamlined. We loan to investors throughout Oregon, bringing over thirty years of experience to each client experience. Our loans are based on your available equity. Your credit and employment history are secondary. Give us a call at 1-888-477-0444 to learn more or complete our online loan request form now. It’s quick and no hassle. Stay cool. We’re here to help.